According to a study of more than 20 million children, babies born by caesarean section are more likely to be autistic or develop attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Research found C-section babies have a 33 per cent higher chance of autism and are 17 per cent more likely to get ADHD. But scientists are in disagreement about whether the birth actually has anything to do with the disorders, or if both are consequences of deeper issues. In their paper the researchers suggested that not being exposed to bacteria in the…
Read MoreCategory: News
Justin Bieber writes lengthy post about early fame & personal struggles
Justin Bieber, Canadian popstar, recently shared a message to his 118+ million Instagram followers that talked about how his life went off the rails due to his early fame, and how he’s now a changed man. The message is an attempt to motivate those who view the post. Unlike most attempts at Instagram motivation, however, this one’s actually going to be read by many people. After starting his post by describing a hypothetical situation that many normal/non-famous people probably face at some point in their lives he said that, despite…
Read MoreNigerians fume, demand tough actions against South Africa, firms over Xenophobic attacks
Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa has generated anger with dignitaries and organisations including President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, the Senate and the House of Representatives, expressing their displeasure over the continued killing. President Buhari specifically sent a special envoy to President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa, to express his deep concern about the “reported attacks on Nigerian citizens and property in South Africa since August 29, 2019.” Also, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, in compliance with Buhari’s directive, summoned the South African High Commissioner to…
Read MoreRobot Strippers debuts in French Strip Club
In marking its fifth anniversary today, the Strip Club Café in Nantes is set to introduce two robots which would make their pole dancing debut. As technology advances with each passing day, one question that comes to mind is, would machines or robots replace humans? Robots have found home in virtually every sector, especially in the manufacturing and industrial sectors. But would they be able to make home in a strip club? To mark its fifth anniversary, a nightclub in Nantes would feature the robots pole dancers alongside their female…
Read MoreNDDC director Ita accused by ICPC of using NGOs to embezzle government funds
A director in the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Mr. Solomon Okpa Ita has been accused by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC), of using Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) as fronts to embezzle government money. ICPC’s Spokesperson, Rasheedat Okoduwa, in a statement yesterday in Abuja, alleged that the money had been used to acquire property under contention. Okoduwa said that the director could not show evidence that the property were obtained with his legitimate earnings, adding that investigation revealed that Ita, in one instance, facilitated the payment…
Read MoreXenophobia: Multichoice Nigeria Condemns Attacks On Nigerians In South Africa
Multichoice Nigeria, Africa’s leading entertainment provider, on Tuesday condemned the xenophobic attack on foreigners in South Africa. “MultiChoice is committed to uniting Africans through our programming and cultural initiatives. We advocate equality and condemn all forms of discrimination. The on-going violence in South Africa against foreign nationals is against the spirit of Africa, and counter-productive to the decades of work done by African leaders and well-meaning organisations to unite the continent.”, John Ugbe, Chief Executive Officer of Multichoice Nigeria said in a statement. The statement reads further, “We are a…
Read More113 cyber crime suspects arrested by EFCC in Benin
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Benin Zonal Office, has said it arrested no fewer than 113 internet fraud suspects in eight months through its ‘Operation Re-wire’. Mr Muktar Bello, Head of Operations, EFCC in the zone, said this on Monday during a news conference in Benin. Bello said the arrest took place between January and August in its area of jurisdiction, including Edo, Delta and Ondo states. According to him, the feat was made possible because of the anti-graft commission’s new strategic plans to tackle the menace of cybercrimes…
Read MoreSupreme Court strikes out perjury suit against Buhari
A suit seeking the disqualification of President Muhammadu Buhari in the February 23,2019 election for alleged perjury has been dismissed by the Supreme Court. The appellants, Kalu Kalu, Labaran Ismail and Hassy El-Kuris, through their counsel, Ukpai Ukairo, had approached the apex court praying it to nullify the president’s nomination and subsequent victory at the poll on the grounds that he allegedly lied on oath in his Form CF 001 submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Justice Mary Odili, who delivered the lead judgment, held that the case…
Read MoreDonald Duke pledges repayment of N537 m debt in 12 hours
Donald Duke, former Cross River State Governor, yesterday told a Federal High Court in Lagos that he would pay his N537,334,360.77 debt to Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) in less than 12 hours. Duke, through his counsel, Mr. Edoigiawerie Omoruyi, told Justice Nicholas Oweibo that he had approached AMCON with a promise to liquidate the debt before the end of yesterday, September 2, 2019. He prayed for an adjournment to enable him settle the case out of court. AMCON had on August 8, 2019 through its counsel, Juliet Reeds,…
Read More8 Students Killed in Chinese Elementary School Attack
An attacker killed eight students and injured two others at an elementary school in central China on the first day of the new semester, police said Tuesday. The attack occurred around 8 a.m. Monday in Chaoyangpo village of Enshi city in Hubei province, Enshi police said in a statement. The suspect is a 40-year-old man surnamed Yu, who is in custody and being investigated. How the children were attacked was not disclosed. The motive for the attack was unclear. According to reports, the suspect was released last June after serving…
Read More