Police Commissioner explains how Ogun serial killer died

The end of an alleged serial killer and drug addict, Feyisola Dosumu came to a sudden end after a rigorous manhunt.

Narrating how the suspect was trapped and shot, the Commissioner of Police in Ogun State, Edward Ajogun, on Tuesday disclosed that he and his men employed technology to smoke out alleged serial killer and drug addict, Feyisola Dosumu, from a dungeon before they shot him dead.

Ajogun said the command employed technology to fish out the suspect when it became difficult to apprehend him where he hid in the bush.

Dosumu, aka Spartan, had been declared wanted by the police.

He had reportedly killed no fewer than seven people in Ogere and Iperu-Remo, in the Ikenne Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The suspect was shot dead by joint security forces in Ogere on Tuesday.

Ajogun explained that the suspect was killed in his dungeon built in the bush in the Ogere area, after two days operations.

He said, “We employed the reactive means of always combing the bush each time this thing happens.

“Yesterday (Monday), we almost arrested him, but he slipped through our fingers. I felt it was important to employ technology. So, we contacted our technical platform in Abuja, which provided us assistance.

“Today (Tuesday), we were able to have a pin-point location where he was hiding and we engaged him. We nailed him in the leg and it turned out to be a fatal injury.”

Earlier report by the state’s Police spokesman states

“The police had tried to catch him yesterday (Monday), but he escaped. We cannot allow him to continue killing people. We are going to parade his corpse later today,” he added.

Dosumu was accused of killing many residents in Ogere and Iperu, Ikenne Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The latest in the killing spree was the Vice Chairman of the Oluwatedo Community Development Association, Elder Olatunji Oladeji, whom he allegedly hacked to death last Friday.

The Ogere indigene was also accused of raping and killing a nursing mother, an incident that prompted a visit from the Commissioner of Police, in July 2020.

The suspect said to be a notorious cultist and drug addict graduated from a polytechnic in Abeokuta. He was admitted to the Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta, for treatment after he developed a mental problem.

Related posts